Magical One Pot Pasta

I'm feeling guilt about all sorts of things right now - the state of my guest room closet, my lack of entertaining, not eating a healthy breakfast, the list goes on and on and on - you get the drift.  But not blogging has bummed me out.  I like sharing what we've created in the kitchen and believe me, I may not have time to blog recipes but we've had time to eat!  So I'll reinvigorate myself with this little gem of a pasta dish.  This recipe has developed a cult status online and I know why.  It's flavorful despite the fact that you can barely get decent tomatoes this time of year.  It's a family pleaser but most importantly, you chop and then toss into one pan so clean up is a breeze.  Love it.  Now if only my guest room closet were as easy...



12 ounces linguine
12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (Don't omit but use less if spice is not your thing)
2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 1/2 cups water
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
 
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.  Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.
 
Recipe from Martha Stewart

Comments